Request a DEMO on how to migrate to GSTHero GSP Service
If you are Practice owner and would like to carry out your GST return filing practice using GSTHero. You can start by Registering on GSTHero portal as a Tax Return Preparer (CA/ TC). The Registration Process can be completed by providing your following details:
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. Mobile Number
4. Email Address
5. Password : Here you will enter your password twice just to ensure you are typing your correct password.
NOTE : You will receive an email from GSTHero.com to Verify your email address and to Acticate your account. Please click on the Verify button in your email.
Before we setup your Practice on GSTHero, if you are a GST Registered Practioner, then you will need to change the below mentioned settings on www.gst.gov.in, else you can go directly to Step 3. To do the GST portal settings follow the following Steps:
Step A. Login to the GST portal www.gst.gov.in using your username and password.
Step B. After successful login, on the top right hand corner you will find a drop down menu. Click on My Profile under the Menu.
Step C. On My profile Page, on left hand side you will find Quick Links. Click on Manage API Access link.
Under Manager API Access, do the following Settings:
i. “Manage API Access” : Enable API Request to “YES”.
ii. “Duration” : Change the Duration to 30 days.
After Successful TRP Registration and changing the Settings on www.gst.gov.in portal if you are GST registered, we can now continue to setup the your practice. On GSTHero.com website click on the Login Menu. You will now need to Login with the email id and password you had set during TRP registration.
Forgot Password: If you have forgotten your password, then click on the “I Forgot My Password” Link on the Login Page. You will be asked for the email address where you will receive the password reset link. Click on the link you receive in your email and change to your required password.
This is the first Step towards Setting up your Practice. You will have to Provide your Practice / Business Details here.
1. “Business / Practice Name”
2. “Unit Name / Display Name” : if you carry out Single practice from Multiple Locations and would like to identify your practices based on the Unit name, you can provide such details here.
3. “Business PAN Number”
4. “Constitution of Business”
5. “Choose if GST Registered or not” : If you are not GST resgitered, please choose to Non Regsitered option and Continue. You will be taken directly to Step 4 of the Practice Setup Process.
6. “Taxpayer Type” : Are your a Regular, Composite, TDS, TCS, NRI or other type of Taxpayer?
After you have provided your Business /Practice Details, you will come to this section only if you area GST registered Practioner. Here you will need to provide the following Details:
1. “GST.gov.in Portal Login Username” : This is the same username you use while logging on to www.gst.gov.in portal.
2. “GSTIN Number” : This is the GSTIN Number provided to you by GST.
3. “GST.gov.in Registered Mobile Number” : You will have to provide the same Mobile Number registered with GST to receive the OTP.
4. “Authenticate Now / Authenticate Later” : If you have the registered Mobile number handy with you, you can Authenticate Now, if you dont have easy access to OTP then you can choose to Authenticate later.
NOTE : If you Authenticate now, you will have to Generate OTP and fill in the received OTP to continue.
After completing your GSTIN Setup, you will be provided with Subscription options, You can choose to Pay Monthly or Annually.
1. “Monthly Subscription” : Here you can pay only monthly basis, but the option is available only for Credit Card based Payments.
2. “Annual Subscription” : Here you pay annually advance, and you can pay using Credit Crad, Debit Card as well as via net banking.
As you are running your Practice, you can now invite as many Team Members to join your Practice and help you with your GST return filing process. You can also provide them with different Access rights for every clients. You will need to provide the following Details to Invite the Team Member:
1. “First Name”
2. “Last Name”
3. “Team Designation” : You can provide designation to Team Members to set your Practice Structure.
4. “Mobile Number”
5. “Email Address” : Enter the email where your Team Member will receive an invitation to join your Practice.
NOTE : Once the Team Members click on Accept Invitation they received in their email, they will have to register on GSTHero portal as a user to gain access to your practice.
Once the Tax Return Preparer has Registered as a User and has setup its own Practice, the system will show this Dashboard. At the Top you will see the Menu that will provide the following Options:
1. “My Practice” : You see the list of all your Practice you have setup on GSTHero.
2. “My Clients” : You see the list of all your Clients added under the selected practice on GSTHero.
3. “Manage Clients” : You can Manage and edit individual clients with you have added on GSTHero.
4. “Manage Team” : You can Manage and edit your team and assign them to individual Businesses / GSTINs.
5. “Process Return” : You can start the return process of any specific Business / GSTIN by clicking on this button. You will be taken to the Dashboard of the specific Business / GSTIN.
The Dashboard will provide list of all the Clients those have successfully registered as a User and added their business under your TRP Practice on GSTHero portal.
1. “Add Client” : You can add more clients by clicking on the button available under the All Clients Section.
2. “Process Return” : You can click on this button available against the individual business to process their GST returns. You will be taken to the GST Return Dashboard. For more details on GST Return Dashboard. Click Here
You can Manage and Edit all your clients under this Menu. You can also Assign Team Members to handle individual clients. Under All Clients Section, you can find the following actions:
1. “Add Client” button to add new client under your Practice on GSTHero.
2. “Add/Re-Assign” link to add assign your team members to individual client under your Practice on GSTHero.
3. “Delete” button to remove client from your Practice on GSTHero.
4. “Edit Client” button to edit client details under your Practice on GSTHero.
Once you click on Add Client button, you will be asked the Question “Who will pay for the subscription?” Please look at the “who will pay for the Subscription” section below for more details.
Under All Clients Section for every GSTIN listing you will get an option to Add/Re-Assign team to that Business / GSTIN. You will get a Pop-up with the list of all the team Members you have added under your Practice on GSTHero. You can choose the one or more Individuals and Assign them to specific Business / GSTIN.
NOTE : You can uncheck the Individual initially assigned to remove his assignment to the Business / GSTIN.
When you click on “Add Client” you will be prompted with a Question: Who will Pay for the Subscription?
1. “My Client” : If you choose “My Client”, then GSTHero will require you to Invite your Client to the GSTHero portal and register his business.
2. “My Self” : If you choose “My Self”, then GSTHero will allow you to setup the client business on GSTHero portal.
In any case, once the client business is setup you will be auto linked with you client at the end to process their returns. Find below the details of My Client and My Self options.
After you Choose My Client will pay for the subscription, you will be directed to a form where you will be made to invite your client. You will have to provide the following details:
1. Business Name
2. Unit Name
3. GSTIN Number
4. GST.gov.in Portal username (used while login)
5. Taxpayer Type
6. Mobile Number Registered with GSTN
7. Email Address of your Client
When you choose My Self will pay for the subscription, you will be directed to the client business setup wizard. The Wizard is a 4 Step process
Step 1. “Business Details” : You will have to provide the Important business details like Business Name, Annual turnover, Tax Payer type, PAN details etc..
Step 2. “GST.gov.in Portal Details” : You will have to provide GSTIN Number, GST Portal Username, Registered Mobile Number. You can choose to Authenicate the GSTIN through OTP immediately or you can choose to Authenticate it later.
Step 3. “Subscription Details” : You will get an option to select the subscription. (Either monthly or Yearly Plan.)
Step 4. “Business User Details” : You can Invite the Business owner and his Accounting Team to register on the GSTHero portal and participate in the Return filing process.
You can Manage and Edit Team to your practice under this Menu. under this Section you will have the following Actions:
1. “Add Team” : You can Invite team members to work under your practice.
2. “Edit Team” : You can Edit team member details at point.
3. “Delete Team” : You can Delete team member from your practice
4. “View List” : You can View the list of clients the individual team member is working on GSTHero.
While you Setup your Practice you get the same option of Adding Team to your Practice. If you still want to add more team members, you can click on Add Team button.
While Adding Team member you will have to provide the following details.
1. First Name 2. Last Name 3. Designation 4. Mobile Number 5. Email ID The Team will receive an email Invitation to join your Practice. If the User is not a registered GSTHero member, the user will have to complete the registration process as a process of “Accept Invitation”.
Once you click on Process Return, you will be directed to the GST Return Dashboard. This Dashboard is a single page mechanism to help file your GST Return for a specific GSTIN and for a specific Tax Period. As per the GSTIN/ Business Taxpayer Type this Page will provide you facility to file your respective returns. The Taxpayer types are Regular / Composite / NRI / TDS / TCS etc…
1. “GSTIN & Tax Period Section” : You will be able to identify for which Business and for which Tax Period you are filing the Returns.
2. “Realtime Outward/Inward and Tax Liability Section” : Get the Real time inputs on your Total Sales, Purchases, taxes and carry forward ITC or Cash.
3. “GSTR1 Section” : File your GSTR1 with the various activities required to do for GSTR1 filing in this Section.
4. “GSTR2 Section” : File your GSTR2 with the various activities required to do for GSTR2 filing in this Section.
5. “GSTR1A Section” : File your GSTR1A with the various activities required to do for GSTR1A filing in this Section.
6. “GSTR3 Section” : File your GSTR3 with the various activities required to do for GSTR3 filing in this Section..