GST Annual Return Format – Part III Details. How Its Organised?
GSTR 9 Part III section consists of details of all input tax credit availed and utilised/ reversed in the financial year for which GSTR 9 is to be filed. All details with respect to Input tax credit shall be reported under Table 6, 7 and 8 of Part III of GSTR 9. Detailed analysis as below:
(A) Table 6:
This table provides details about input tax credit availed for the financial year in which GSTR 9 is to be filed.
1. Table 6A: Total amount of input tax credit availed through FORM GSTR-3B (sum total of Table 4A of FORM GSTR-3B) –
This is an auto populated section from table 4A of GSTR 3B as filed by the taxpayer. Thus, this section cannot be revised.
2. Table 6B: Inward supplies (other than imports and inward supplies liable to reverse charge but includes services received from SEZs) –
3. Table 6C: Inward supplies received from unregistered persons liable to reverse charge (other than B above) on which tax is paid & ITC availed –
4. Table 6D: Inward supplies received from registered persons liable to reverse charge (other than B above) on which tax is paid and ITC availed
5. Table 6E: Import of goods (including supplies from SEZs)
6. Table 6F: Import of services (excluding inward supplies from SEZs)
7. Table 6G: Input Tax credit received from ISD
Input tax credit received from Input service distributor (ISD) shall be reported here. Credit shall be availed on the basis of invoice issued by the input service distributor.
8. Table 6H: Amount of ITC reclaimed (other than B above) under the provisions of the Act
9. Table 6I: Sub-total (B to H above)
10. Table 6J: Difference (I - A above)
11. Table 6K: Transition Credit through TRAN-I (including revisions if any)
Transition credit received in the electronic credit ledger on filing of Form GST Tran – I shall be included here. Any revision made to Form Tran-I shall be considered while entering details under this section.
12. Table 6L: Transition Credit through TRAN-II
13. Table 6M: Transition Credit through TRAN-II
14. Table 6N: Sub-total (K to M above)
Total of ITC availed through Trans-I, Trans-II or any other form during the financial year.
15. Table 6O: Total ITC availed (I + N above)
Total of input tax credit availed during the financial year either through GSTR 3B or through credit in electronic ledger by filing various other forms.
(B) Table 7: Details of ITC Reversed and Ineligible ITC as declared in returns filed during the financial year
1. Table 7A – As per Rule 37 –
2. Table 7B: As per Rule 39 –
Where credit note has been issued to Input Service Distributor by any supplier, the credit shall be apportioned to each recipient in proportion of the invoice issued earlier. The ITC claimed earlier shall be reversed under this section.
3. Table 7C: As per Rule 42 –
4. Table 7D: As per Rule 43 –
5. Table 7E: As per Section 17(5):
6. Table 7F and Table 7G: Reversal of Tran I and Tran II credit –
7. Table 7H: Other Reversals (pl. specify) –
8. Table 7I: Total ITC Reversed (A to H above)
9. Table 7J: Net ITC Available for Utilization (6O - 7I) –
Difference between net credit availed (as per Table 6O) and net ITC to be reversed (as per Table 7J) shall be reflected here.
(C) Table 8: Other ITC related Information
ITC as per GSTR-2A (Table 3 & 5 thereof)
1. Table 8A: ITC as per GSTR-2A (Table 3 & 5 thereof)
2. Table 8B: ITC as per sum total of 6(B) and 6(H) above
3. Table 8C: ITC on inward supplies (other than imports and inward supplies liable to reverse charge but includes services received from SEZs) received during 2017-18 but availed during April to September, 2018
4. Table 8D: Difference [A-(B+C)]
5. Table 8E : ITC available but not availed (out of D)
6. Table 8F: ITC available but ineligible (out of D)
7. Table 8G: IGST paid on import of goods (including supplies from SEZ)
8. Table 8H: IGST credit availed on import of goods (as per 6(E) above)
9. Table 8I: Difference (G-H)
Negative difference may be due to IGST paid but not availed or ITC paid but ineligible.
10. Table 8J: ITC available but not availed on import of goods (Equal to I)
11. Table 8K: Total ITC to be lapsed in current financial year (E + F + J)