In previous blog post on GST Annual Return Part 1 we explained the classification of GSTR 9 along with overview on all parts.
Part II of GSTR 9 deals with reporting of outward supplies that includes advances received, inward and outward supplies on which tax is payable. All invoices including amendments issued shall be reported under Table 4 and 5 of part II of GSTR 9. Below is the detailed analysis:
Clear your doubts with our exclusive video
1. Table 4A: Supplies made to unregistered persons (B2C)
Aggregate value of all supplies made to unregistered persons and consumers including supplies made through e-commerce operators on which tax has been paid may be reported here. Debit notes or credit issued, if any, may be reported net off of the above.
Ref: Table 5, 7, 9 and 10 of GSTR 1 may be referred to report aggregate value under Table 4A
2. Table 4B: Supplies made to registered persons (B2B)
Aggregate value of all supplies made to registered persons including supplies made through e-commerce operators may be reported here. Only such supplies on which tax has been paid may be included here.
However, supplies on which tax has been paid through reverse charge, nil rated supply, non- GST supply, etc. may not be included here. Debit notes and credit notes issued to registered persons should not be reported here. Ref: Table 4A and 4C of GSTR 1
3. Table 4C: Zero rated supply (Export) on payment of tax (except supplies to SEZs)
This section includes value of all zero rated supplies along with export of goods or services outside India on which tax been paid.
However, supplies made SEZs, deemed exports, and exports on which tax has not been paid i.e. under Letter of undertaking or bond may not be reported here. Debit notes and credit notes issued may be shown separately. Ref: Table 6A of GSTR 1
4. Table 4D: Supply to SEZs on payment of tax
Ref: Table 6B of GSTR 1
5. Table 4E: Deemed Exports
You May Be Also Interested in Reading This Post:
6. Table 4F: Advances on which tax has been paid but invoice has not been issued
This section deals with unadjusted advances. It refers to the receipt of advances, payment of tax on the same but non-issuance of invoice against such advances received in the same financial year. However, as per Rule 50, a receipt voucher may be issued on receiving advance.
Further, as per notification number 66/2017-CT dated 11th November, 2017, payment of tax on advance receipt against supply of goods is exempted. Thus, tax is payable only on advances received for supply of services.
Ref: Table 11A of GSTR 1
7. Table 4G: Inward supplies on which tax is to be paid on reverse charge basis
8. Table 4H: Summation of 4A to 4G
9. Table 4I and 4J: Credit Notes (4I) / Debit notes (4J) issued in respect of transactions specified in (B) to (E) above (-)
Credit notes / debit notes issued all supplies other than those supplies made under B2C may be reported here. Thus, credit note / debit note issued against supplies under B2B, exports, SEZ and deemed exports may be recorded under this part of GSTR 9.
Any credit notes / debit notes issued under B2C may be captured under section 4A of GSTR 9.
Further, credits notes issued against NIL rated, exempted and non-GST supplies may not be reported here.
Ref: Table 9B of GSTR 1
10. Table 4K and 4L: Supplies declared through or reduced through amendments
- All amendments made which resulted in changes in taxable value or taxes may be reported here i.e. amendments made to B2B supplies, exports, deemed exports, SEZ, debit notes, credit notes and refund vouchers.
- Amendments in nature that does not affect taxable value or taxes i.e. change in GSTN, item code; HSN code etc. may not be reported here. Also, amendments made to Nil rated, exempt, non-GST supplies may not be reported under this section of GSTR 9.
- Ref: Table 9A and 9C of GSTR 1
11. Table 4M: Sub-total (I to L above )
12. Table 4N: Supplies and advances on which tax is to be paid (H + M) above
Total of all supplies on which tax is payable
1. Table 5A: Zero Rated supply (Export)without payment of tax
All exports (outside India) made without payment of tax shall be reported here. Supplies made to SEZ shall not be reported here. Taxpayer shall ensure that terms of bond/ LUT have not been violated and that the bond/ LUT have not been withdrawn.
Ref: Table 6A of GSTR 1.
2. Table 5B: Supply to SEZs without payment of tax
All supplies made to SEZ developer or a unit in SEZ without payment of tax shall be reported here.
Ref: Table 6B of GSTR 1.
3. Table 5C: Supplies on which tax is to be paid by the recipient on reverse charge basis
Outward supplies as notified by Government on time to time basis on which tax is to be paid by recipient on reverse charge basis shall be reported under this section of GSTR 9.
The provider of such notified service or goods shall not collect any tax from the recipient of these supplies.
Exempt supplies on which no tax is payable shall not be reported here.
Ref: Table 4B of GSTR 1
4. Table 5D: Exempted
5. Table 5E: Nil Rated
6. Table 5F: Non-GST supply
7. Table 5G: Sub-total (A to F above)
Total of 5A to 5F
8. Table 5H and 5I: Credit Notes / Debit notes issued in respect of transactions specified in A to F above
9. Table 5J and 5K: Supplies declared through Amendments (+) and Supplies reduced through Amendments (-)
10. Table 5L: Sub-Total (5H to 5K above)
11. Table 5M: Turnover on which tax is not to be paid (5G + 5L above)
12. Table 5N: Total Turnover (including advances) (4N + 5M - 4G above)
1. Reconciliation of GSTR 3B and GSTR 1:
It is necessary to reconcile turnover reported as per GSTR 3B and GSTR 1 as more dependence shall be placed on details reported in GSTR 1.
2. Reconciliation of GSTR 3B and GSTR 1 with books of accounts:
Turnover as per books of accounts shall be reconciled with details reported in GSTR 3B and GSTR 1. Any discrepancies identified shall be adjusted accordingly before filing March 2019 returns.
However, discrepancies identified after filing March 2019 returns shall be reported in GSTR 9 and any tax payable thereon shall be paid through Form DRC-03.
3. Amendments for exempt, Nil rated, non-taxable supplies:
There is no provision in GSTR 1 for amendment of exempted, nil rated and non-taxable supplies. There is, however, no clarity on whether such amendments done through GSTR 9.
File your GST returns in minutes, not hours!
Get Live Demo and experience the simplicity by yourself.